AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this just started happening recently.

I have a rep-purposed Acer 3830T laptop serving as my HTPC. I have three 4TB Seagate external hard drives plugged into a USB 3.0 hub that is plugged into the USB port of the laptop. I have it permanently plugged into my home theater and I'm running JRiver media center version 18

I have mostly ripped all of my blu rays to the external drives. I use the last external drive for downloaded torrents of new movies that I watch. Recently I downloaded Frozen, Out of the Furnace, Captain Phillips, and 12 Years a Slave. I used frostwire to download the torrent files. I typically choose "Public HD," torrents for quality and consistency. I then migrate them to external drive.

When I've tried to play any of the recent downloads through JRiver they start to stutter and then stop completely. The stuttering happens at odd times. I was 35 minutes into Out of the furnace when it started. It was playing perfectly before that. Captain Phillips started 14 minutes in. Frozen started 48 minutes in. I tried playing the files through VLC media player. I got the same problem there as well.

I rebooted my HTPC after doing some registry and disk cleanup using Revo and CCleaner. Problem still persists.

I uninstalled JRiver completely, re-installed and started over. Problem still persists.

I'm worried the external hard drive holding my newer movies may be failing.

I played other older movies like my ripped blu rays with no problem. They were on other external hard drives.

Any suggestions or ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that i know of. Since i posted this I've had random problems with the HTPC not recognizing the external drive holding these movies. I have to unplug it and plug it in for pc to recognize it. The problem still persists though even after reboots. I'm purchasing a new external drive today at Costco and migrating everything over tonight. Hopefully i won't have further problems. I will keepb updating

1 - 4 of 4 Posts