AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
...wouldn't call them "crap"... but I sure as heck didn't like these AT ALL...

- Tootsie

- Mrs Doubtfire

- The English Patient

- Out Of Africa

- The Name Of The Rose

- The Last Emperor

- Lawrence Of Arabia

- Dr Zhivago

- Eyes Wide Shut

- Fight Club

...to name just ten...

. . . :eek: . . .

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Ghost Dog

A.I

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
MANEQUIN (no idea if that is the correct spelling, but it made money and I do not understand why).

BEETLEGUICE

MUMMY RETURNS

TOMB RAIDER

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shreck. why the hell did people really rave over this movie? Monsters Inc. kicked its but all over the place... and much better animation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
American Beauty.

When the worst movie question is asked this immediately pops into my head. I almost walked out of the theater. But I thought to myself, it has to get better....It just got worse.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Masses loved Mummy Returns? Yeeesh. :mad: We watched about 10 minutes of it before popping it back in the Netflix envelope.

Movies masses hated that I loved? Easy. Ghost Dog. Virtually everyone I know loathed it. I thought its moody pacing and character immersion were ingenious, and its brief moments with Pearline touching, charming, and ultimately heartbreaking.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Since we are slaughtering sacred cows...

Armageddon

I thought the title of this thread was "Movies that the masses loved..." Some of the movies above were not viewed in mass. At least my choice (and a few of the ones above) grossed over $500,000,000 at the box office.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cain

English Patient

Crouching Dragon.....

Braveheart
Agree on top 3 Cain, but Braveheart? Freeeedommmm :)

Petey

·
Registered
264 Posts
1. American Beauty - an absolute piece of trash. The fact that it won so many awards should tell you all you need to know about the Hollywood elites that do the awarding.

2. The English Patient - see American Beauty above.

3. Gladiator. I finally watched this last night. While I suppose I wouldn't call it "crap", it sure didn't live up to the hype surrounding it. The 2 1/2 hours would have been far better spent here on the Forums.

4. Fight Club. Perhaps even more worthless than American Beauty.

5. Sleepless in Seattle. Ashamed to admit I ever watched it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would have to say that I would rather be shipwrecked on an island myself then to ever have to watch this movie again. To make things worse, I went to a BBQ this weekend and someone pulled out a volleyball with that obnoxious bloody palm print. What has the world come to?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.