Masses loved Mummy Returns? Yeeesh. We watched about 10 minutes of it before popping it back in the Netflix envelope.
Movies masses hated that I loved? Easy. Ghost Dog. Virtually everyone I know loathed it. I thought its moody pacing and character immersion were ingenious, and its brief moments with Pearline touching, charming, and ultimately heartbreaking.
I thought the title of this thread was "Movies that the masses loved..." Some of the movies above were not viewed in mass. At least my choice (and a few of the ones above) grossed over $500,000,000 at the box office.
1. American Beauty - an absolute piece of trash. The fact that it won so many awards should tell you all you need to know about the Hollywood elites that do the awarding.
2. The English Patient - see American Beauty above.
3. Gladiator. I finally watched this last night. While I suppose I wouldn't call it "crap", it sure didn't live up to the hype surrounding it. The 2 1/2 hours would have been far better spent here on the Forums.
4. Fight Club. Perhaps even more worthless than American Beauty.
5. Sleepless in Seattle. Ashamed to admit I ever watched it.
I would have to say that I would rather be shipwrecked on an island myself then to ever have to watch this movie again. To make things worse, I went to a BBQ this weekend and someone pulled out a volleyball with that obnoxious bloody palm print. What has the world come to?
A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!