AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Polk 6000 and have it mounted above my wall mounted TV. I absolutely love the sound over the poor sound I was getting from the TV on its own and the bass is a definite kick! My question is, as far as movies, what is recommended for me to test the faux surround capabilities of the bar? I'm hearing and even feeling the base (placed nicely in the corner of my room), but have yet to hear anything that I'd consider simulated surround. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Depending on your room, you may never hear the simulated surround. If you switch it off and then back on, your sound character should change sometimes making the front soundstage appear wider. Depending again on your room,changing to surround mode may only make your sound seem more blended and remove detail from the sound. An excellent movie to test this was the remake of "The Taking Of Pelham 1-2-3" with Denzel Washington and John Travolta.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.