AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 930 Posts

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can anyone remember if T2 has subs? I thought there might be something in the scene where they go to Mexico but there was nothing. Strange that there are 8 English sub tracks on the Skynet Edition BD.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy /forum/post/17150521

It doesn't matter but I use command line.

I just tried to rip all the subs with AnotherEAC3gui and the file names afterwards were just standard, they didn't have any further information like yours did.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
1. Make sure you are using 3.15 (3.16 does not work for me).

2. Do a full demux not just an individual track demux.

Best method is this: eac3to e:\\ 1) c:\\(destination)\ itle.mkv

That will do a demux of all tracks with lossless tracks converted to flac while others (ac3, dts, dts-hr) keep their native format.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy /forum/post/17150755

1. Make sure you are using 3.15 (3.16 does not work for me).

2. Do a full demux not just an individual track demux.

Best method is this: eac3to e:\\ 1) c:\\(destination)\ itle.mkv

That will do a demux of all tracks with lossless tracks converted to flac while others (ac3, dts, dts-hr) keep their native format.

I just wanted the subs, I generally use Ripbot for my converting purposes because it is currently the only gui that can resize to 720p.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I don't know any other way to make eac3to to show the sub info other than to demux the entire disk. You want to ask madshi on the doom9 eac3to thread.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Has anyone gotten "The Hunt for Red October" to work correctly? There are two subtitle tracks. One is all of the spoken dialogue in the movie (both English and Russian), and the other is all the hearing impaired subtitles.

How can I build just the forced Russian parts?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Just extract the two tracks and see which one has the fewest lines. Then when you remux, or BD disk create, you add that one only.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy /forum/post/17270215

Just extract the two tracks and see which one has the fewest lines. Then when you remux, or BD disk create, you add that one only.

I did that, that's how I've been doing most of my movies with subs. However this movie only has the two tracks which contain ALL of the dialogue.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
if TSmuxer gives you a .sup file the SupRip should be able to open it. I only use eac3to so I have no idea how TSmuxer works.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't understand how standalone Blu Ray players "know" that there is a forced track in movies like Kill Bill 1&2 that have two English tracks, one very large and one very small. Tools like eac3to and BDSupToSub don't report any forced subs, yet it turns out the very small track IS treated as forced by Blu Ray players. How do they know?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy /forum/post/17270508

if TSmuxer gives you a .sup file the SupRip should be able to open it. I only use eac3to so I have no idea how TSmuxer works.

I got it, I used Suprip and OCR'ed all of the forced ones correctly. I saved that file as a .srt then imported to Ripbot to embed in the video. I was hoping for a way to change the font but other than that it works fine. Thanks Killroy.

21 - 40 of 930 Posts