AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to move 6 hours away and will be taking my 52" rear projection tv with me. I have a large enclosed trailer as well as access to refrigerator boxes. I can also get some blankets and bubble wrap.

My question though, what is the best way of going about this so that I don't scratch the screen? Also, as long as I let the TV sit after the move and readjust to the room temp (it's hot down here in Louisiana), it should be fine, correct?

I'm really just looking for some general tips or guidelines so that I don't screw up my set. I can't quite afford one of the Sammy LEDs quite yet

Thanks

Kirby

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cover the screen with some cardboard and bubble wrap right up until it is in its new viewing location.

While in the trailer, protect the screen by facing it out to the wall. Use blankets, bubble wrap, cardboard to protect the tv.

Importantly, use a lot of cardboard underneath the tv to act as a shock absorber. Twelve inches of cardboard, if you can. Check with your local U-Haul if they offer any moving boxes for rent. They make great shock absorbers and U-Haul in your new town might refund the purchase/rental price if the boxes are not assembled.

#1 rule for moving valuable televisions: Make sure it is secure. No rocking around, bumping off the walls, sliding off of cardboard shock absorbers, etc.

Good luck with the move, Kirby!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.