AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're buying a new house, and I'm dreading moving this 250 lb. beast. Any suggestions on a safe way to do this? I'm nervous about the standard movers handling this technology.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a heavy 50" Toshiba moved down, and then up a flight of stairs. It made it through OK.

Just check to make sure the movers are bonded and let them know how important the set is to you (then watch them like a hawk...that is what I did).

·
Registered
740 Posts
I moved my 61" TN61X81 through the local mayflower. I brought it from the old house, to the new and moved it down into the basement. It came out fine. The 56 point focus did not even change much.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm facing the prospect of moving my Tosh 50H81 too, so I decided that I'm going to sell it. No more TVs for me--it's front projection from here on. As for moving the beast, the thing to watch out for--other than bumping it, scratching the screen, etc.--is to make sure that it is:

1. PROPERLY SECURED in your moving truck. Last thing you want to do is open up the truck and find your set in pieces because of that last corner you took.

2. ISOLATED FROM ROAD VIBRATION. Put some kind of stuff under the TV so that it's not in direct contact with the bed of the truck. Vibrations from the road will mess up convergence, but worse yet are any potholes or bumpy roads that can jar the insides of your set. I've actually heard of someone having a cracked CRT lens that way.

Good luck with your move and hope the set arrives safely!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had my mits 55807 moved to our new house by professional movers. Now I have a 55809, just make sure you know all the details of damage coverage if you go with a professional mover. My TV was my main concern so I made sure it was covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.