AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a sony 36hs510. as most of you know, this is one heavy tv. i also have the matching stand with it. i want to move it around the the other side of my room. its a good 25 or 30 feet to move, and i have hardwood floors. if i could, i would prefer not to actually lift the tv, even with help, as i am nervous of it falling. do you guys know of anything that i could use or buy, to maybe prop under the stand and maybe wheel it over to the other side or maybe just slide it across the floor? im sure somebody makes something for this occasion, ive just never seen it. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If I had hardwood floors, I wouldn't want to risk scratching or marring them. The Teflon easy skid "stick-on" feet do help furniture to slide easier, but they may make "shoe marks" on a hardwood floor? I think the best thing to do would be to get the TV and stand on top of an EASY SLIDING throw rug, and then pull the rug across the hardwood floor to the other side.

Have two people help you to SLIGHTLY lift and lean the stand w/TV while sliding the small rug underneath. This may take lifting and leaning back and forth on the front and back legs a few times to maneuver the rug underneath it. But once done, you should be able to slide it with relative ease across the floor, while somebody else helps to balance the set from tipping while performing the "slide". Waxing the floor before sliding with the rug should also help the move. Obviously, just don't use a rug with rubber non skid pads underneath. An old piece of remnant carpet turned upside down might slide nicely across a polished floor.

Good luck! I have the 40XBR and while I can't begin to lift it more than a fraction of an inch, it does slide much easier than you might think.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes...see if you can get an old quilt or sleeping bag under it and drag it across the floor. I have the 40XBR and this worked like a charm...and that tv is over 300 pounds + stand weight!

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.