AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I realize this oost could be in a few places, but thought this would be the place it is answered best.

I have my game plugged in to the side of my HDTV (Sony) in using component video cables and rca audios. On my TV this is Video 2. To get audio to my receiver I pigged in RCA audio cables from the back of the TV to the back of the Receiver. In my receiver this is Video 2.

Using teh correct inputs from the TV and receiver, everything works well.

But, I would like to hide the cable by plugging the component cables into the back of th TV (it is not an upconverting receiver, so I can't plug into the receiver I believe).

So, I moved the componenet cables from the side to the back of the TV. Instead of Video 2, it is Video 4 on my TV. I change the input and can see the game, but the sound is now coming from the cable box.

What am I doing wrong, this should be easy.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Your title is saying your losing video but at the end of the post, you're losing the audio.

Your post also says you have RCA's for audio plugged into the side of your TV AND into the receiver. Now for the best part, "sound is now coming from the cable box". Makes no sense whatsoever.

Try editing your post so it at least we can try and help you out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize this post could be in a few places, but thought this would be the place it is answered best.

I have my game plugged in to the side of my HDTV (Sony) using component video cables and rca audios. On my TV this is Video 2. To get audio to my receiver I plugged in RCA audio cables from the back of the TV to the back of the Receiver. In my receiver this is Video 2.

Using the correct inputs from the TV and receiver, everything works well.

But, I would like to hide the cable by plugging the component cables into the back of the TV (it is not an upconverting receiver, so I can't plug into the receiver I believe).

So, I moved the component cables from the side to the back of the TV. Instead of Video 2, it is Video 4 on my TV. I change the input and can see the game, but the sound is now coming from the cable box.

What am I doing wrong, this should be easy.

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you're correct about my mistake in saying I am losing video -- I am losing audio. I am correct about what sound I am receiving - it is from the cable feed as opposed to the Wii). And, I do have RCA cables going from the Wii into the TV along with the component cables. But, in order to get sound to the receiver I also must run separate RCA audio cables from the TV to the receiver.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Still doesnt make sense....but lets try this.

Why do you have audio RCA's going into the TV if you're using the receiver for sound?

Get rid of em, have the RCA's from the Wii going to the receiver, thats it.

Select the correct input on the receiver to what you have the RCA's hooked into for the Wii....seems easy enough.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thats what I thought, but, the Wii component cable includes the RCA audio. They all kid of need to go to the same place!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are 5 cables coming from the Wii - all from one cable. The Wii doesnt have separate RCA/component connection.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Well thats stupid....A/V cables all together.

What I would do is get a RCA coupler (any electronics store) and connect some RCA's you may have and run those to the receiver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts