AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a good chance I will be moving in the next couple of months or so.

I will be hiring movers, but am really concerned about moving my 46" Sammy LCD.

What is the best way for them to move the TV?

I do NOT have the original box it came in, so that rules that out.

I've read that you shouldn't lay it down flat, but does that only apply to plasmas?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Don't lay it down, is also good advice for LCDs. Wrap it very securely in an old mattress pad, or two, or a few comforters. Then if you have a large box, or the movers do, put the wrapped tv into a box so nothing pokes into the screen. You want to shield it from being hit or scratched. Do all you can to achieve that. And if you can stand it in the back of your car and drive it to your location, that would be better than the movers.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes444 /forum/post/14189654

Don't lay it down, is also good advice for LCDs. Wrap it very securely in an old mattress pad, or two, or a few comforters. Then if you have a large box, or the movers do, put the wrapped tv into a box so nothing pokes into the screen. You want to shield it from being hit or scratched. Do all you can to achieve that. And if you can stand it in the back of your car and drive it to your location, that would be better than the movers.

Moving it myself in my car seems like a great idea.

I'm just moving within the same apartment complex.

I just need to find a box big enough to hold it.

Honestly, the whole idea of moving just scares the crap outta me, lol.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I dont see what the scare is about, I have moved my 52" twice now, its extremely easy. Just get a friend, carry it to your car, put it standing up in the back seat, and let its back rest on the seat. DONE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts