AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I remembered seeing an old thread about this, but I was unable to find it.

The thread discussed the difficulties in moving a RPTV through a small opening (i.e. 1930's Stairs in my case). One of the options presented was having a technician disassemble the unit and then reassemble it in place.

Is this a realistic option? If so, has anyone done it and what kind of cost was associated with it?

The unit would be going into my basement and there are no other means of entry besides excavating my side yard and blowing a whole in the basement wall...I am fairly confident that my wife wouldn't go for that...:D

If someone could point me in the right direction for the thread or offer any insight, please let me know.

As always, thanks for the help.

Mike

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If you haven't picked or purchased at TV yet, the 65" (and 73" I think) Mitsubishi models are built to break into two pieces and are then easily moved up and down stairs. Each piece weighs just over 100#ish.

If you go are eyeing up something other than the larger Mits line, make sure you let the store know first what they are up against. They may be reluctant to deliver something knowing that their guys will have to disassemble and re-assemble it. Especially if they're not cleared to do so by the manufacturer.

I chose the Mits line because of the 2-part fact. I couldn't have even gotten a 50" unit into my basement stairwell. (I've got a really tight corner at the top of the stairs)

I found out the other models were too small when I picked my final models and I made a mockup of the footprints for my selected sets.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply....I have not purchased a set yet, so I am OK as far as that goes.

I had seen in other posts that some of the MITS came in two pieces. I had actually been looking at Sony's, but it looks like I will now be setting my sights elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.