AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly cause of the WAF factor.

It will sit beside the couch. If I have my speaker levels already defined is it really necessary to re-run Audyssey when simply moving my Sub to different areas of the room?

Seems like the I would want to keep the LPF/LFE settings for the most part the same and just modify the distance if necessary, correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Distance, level, and phase will need to be adjusted. The level will most likely need to be decreased if it is much closer to you.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
You absolutely need to rerun Audyssey. Not only the distance will change, but your in-room frequency response is likely to change radically as well as your sub level relative to your mains.

·
Registered
16,942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger /forum/post/15582417

Mostly cause of the WAF factor.

It will sit beside the couch. If I have my speaker levels already defined is it really necessary to re-run Audyssey when simply moving my Sub to different areas of the room?

Seems like the I would want to keep the LPF/LFE settings for the most part the same and just modify the distance if necessary, correct?

Thanks!

Definitely rerun Audyssey.

But I do not think Audyssey sets the LPF of LFE setting. Onkyos default that setting to 80Hz, but most other manufacturers default it to 120Hz. I'd set it to 120Hz unless that causes some localization issues, which it may well do if your sub is going to be nearfield.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Went ahead and re-ran Audyssey and life is good now. I dropped the Sub to 100Hz. I wasn't getting that great of a response with the Sub until I did that.

Not sure what I changed, but getting better woofer response now. Still learning this stuff.

·
Registered
16,942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger /forum/post/15583305

I dropped the Sub to 100Hz.

What do you mean by this? The crossover setting(s)? Or the LPF of LFE? They are two completely different things. The LPF of LFE controls the high-end cutoff of the LFE chanel, which can contain material as high as 120Hz. The crossover setting(s) controls the frequency below which bass from your speaker channels is sent to the subwoofer.

What did Audyssey set your crossover(s) to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts