AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving. It looks like I'm going to need innovative mounting solutions for my ECP4500. Can I mount the thing VERTICALLY and use a first surface mirror to get the picture onto my wall? Will this help lengthen the throw?

Everything is so small... why I'm moving from Jersey City with a dedicated HT room is a mystery to me but apparantly I have to.

R-S

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Yes I have seen a few pictures with a CRT pointing to the ceiling and a mirror at a 45 degree angle to reflect it to the screen. This is one way of getting more throw distance in a tight space or doing it as a rear Pj set up if you can.

Where in Brooklyn are you moving to? I used to live in BKLYN and I am now in Phoenix, AZ Maby your moving into my old house on AVE U. If so my old amp rack may still be in the basement, empty of course :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much does that kind of mirror cost? i'm thinking I may be able to keep the PJ horizontal but use a mirror to bounce the picture around a corner...

that'd make calib a real b***ch

·
Registered
496 Posts
Raoul- Talk to TV repair shops. You might get luck and find a TV shop junking a RPTV chassis who will sell you a mirror cheap... These mirrors are often large enough, and are almost certainly of a quality high enough, to do the job you are suggesting.

--Kieth

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
why not put the projector under the screen

like the old one peace fount projectors

and ame the mirror at the screen

XANATOS

·
Registered
131 Posts
How much space do you need? Sitting right under a crt is usually just about right, isn't it? Angle of view about 31 deg for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.