AVS Forum banner

3961 - 3980 of 7579 Posts

·
Banned
1,709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn /forum/post/19186962

No analog tuner so you'll need the analog USB add-on. The channel data is set up online and sent to the unit during install but you'll most likely need to map the lineup to the guide data afterwards.

Can the unit be activated in Canada(ontario) or is it limited to the USA...?

·
Registered
14,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraisa /forum/post/19187005

Can the unit be activated in Canada(ontario) or is it limited to the USA...?

USA only.

·
Registered
687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by htevolution /forum/post/19183938

After living with my new Moxi and Mate for a couple of weeks, I have no major complaints. I haven't had any trouble with remote responsiveness. The menus are relatively snappy (though they are a bit laggy sometimes).

A few improvements/feature requests that would really improve the experience in my opinion (many of which have already been laid out here, of course):

1. The ability to delete recorded programs via the Mate. Full management of recordings and their options would be even better, but even my ReplayTVs from 2003 could delete recordings from other boxes on my network.

2. Full recording management via online scheduling. It would be much nicer to be able to set all recording options via the web rather than simply scheduling the recordings. Also, if two weeks' schedules are available on the Moxi for searching and recording, those same two weeks should be available for online scheduling. A possible bug I've come across here: Consistently, I can't schedule recordings on the last day that's available in the online schedule. I get a "channel not available" message.

3. This is probably more of a hardware issue, but if you turn off the front panel light (the glowing Moxi logo), it defeats the tuner indicator lights, too. It would be great to be able to turn off the logo, but retain the tuner lights.

Mostly nit picks, but overall I'd say I'm a very happy Moxi user so far.

I have exactly the same issues (except for #3 since I leave the logo lit up) and experience as well. As I have noted before, the Mate always seems to have issues "finding" the main Moxi unit on the network (but sees my DLNA server with no issues); I have to reset the mate before it re-acquires the connection and then it is fine.

Still a fun unit, though, and am happy with the investment - if these nits go away or improve with new software then a great product.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've had the Moxi + 2 mates for a few weeks now. My wife is getting increasingly frustrated with the Moxi (& now with me for buying the "damn thing"). In the last week alone (remember - I've only had it for 2 weeks) the picture has froze and then last night I received the 5102 network error on the 2 mates even though the main unit worked fine. There wasn't a network problem as I could reset the network connection, send logs to support, update moxi etc... A reset of the mate did not resolve the issue. I had to reset the main unit to get either mate to work. This is clearly an issue with communications between the main unit & the mates - not a network issue per se. My wife wants to return the Moxi. I'm starting to get frustrated as well. I understand a glitch but after only 2 weeks I'm seeing more than I deem acceptable. Any ideas? I searched the forum for this error and found a post from someone experiencing the exact same problem but I didn't come across a fix.

·
Registered
14,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craddock01 /forum/post/19188875

last night I received the 5102 network error on the 2 mates even though the main unit worked fine. There wasn't a network problem as I could reset the network connection, send logs to support, update moxi etc... A reset of the mate did not resolve the issue. I had to reset the main unit to get either mate to work.

I've had the 5102 error. Sometimes changing to another channel and then back will fix it but I had this last week and nothing was working so instead of rebooting the Moxi I removed the Mate from my account and reregistered the box.

Prior to that I was receiving network error messages in diagnostics even though the box could connect to the network and internet. During registering the Mate wouldn't connect at all so I removed most devices from my router and switch and reset the router to factory. When it came back the Mate came back to life with no more error messages in diagnostics.

I put this down to something in my router/switch confguration causing traffic issues but it's only been a week without a problem so it's too early to tell.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Weird thing happened to my three-tuner Moxi. All by itself, with absolutely no interaction by me, a daytime Judge Show series on Fox 11 in L.A. was set to record the entire series, 5 days a week.

No way this could have accidentally been done, as I record nothing from Daytime TV.

And so far, I have never programmed my Moxi's to record an entire series. (I manually record episode by episode, and it is really only Primetime Network TV shows.)

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else.

·
Registered
469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraisa /forum/post/19187193

So this wont work for me then...

Does anyone know is there a dvr that can work with QAM unscrambled cable in Canada?

Sony DHG-HDD250 works with clearQAM. You will need a TV Guide (TVGOS) host channel to get listing information.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas89 /forum/post/19193317

Weird thing happened to my three-tuner Moxi. All by itself, with absolutely no interaction by me, a daytime Judge Show series on Fox 11 in L.A. was set to record the entire series, 5 days a week.

No way this could have accidentally been done, as I record nothing from Daytime TV.

And so far, I have never programmed my Moxi's to record an entire series. (I manually record episode by episode, and it is really only Primetime Network TV shows.)

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else.

Someone hack into your Moxi.com account?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Does anyone have e-mail listings for Charter Headquarters? I'd love to vent to a director as a long term customer, now that my local Charter has vowed to eliminate the Moxi from the list of DVR's available. No good choices left once (if) Moxi is gone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just out of curiosity, is your network hard wired? Are you using the internet over electricity thing or a wireless adapter on the mate?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone experienced the cable companies charging an inordinate amount of money for their cable cards? I received my Moxi & Mate today, but when I called to get my card they told me it would be $9 a month!! I was trying to get away from monthly fees!

·
Registered
381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitkeeper /forum/post/19203360

Has anyone experienced the cable companies charging an inordinate amount of money for their cable cards? I received my Moxi & Mate today, but when I called to get my card they told me it would be $9 a month!! I was trying to get away from monthly fees!

Wow -- I've got Time Warner, and we're charged $1.75/month for each CableCARD. Of course, truck rolls are pretty cheap here, too, compared to some areas.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronning /forum/post/19202811

Someone hack into your Moxi.com account?

That had occurred to me, Dronning, but why would they only set one series to record on one of my boxes (I have two Moxis)? Unless it was the producers of that new TV court show wanting to get more viewers?

It was the "Judge Jeanine Pirro" show.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitkeeper /forum/post/19203360

I have Comcast, so I don't think this will help, but I called today to get one and he fist told me $9 a month, and after I protested, he said he made a mistake and that it was $6.50 . . . then after I told him I would be returning the rented DVR, it went to free . . . seems Comcast give the first cable card for free, and the one in my rented DVR counts as the first one.

BTW, just got my Moxi today, can't wait to take it home and plug it in . . .Comcast is coming Sunday (for $9.95) to plug in the M-card . . . I guess $10 is not too bad considering a truck roll cost them like $75 . . . still, would have preferred to be able to pick the thing up myself . . .

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas89 /forum/post/19203399

That had occurred to me, Dronning, but why would they only set one series to record on one of my boxes (I have two Moxis)? Unless it was the producers of that new TV court show wanting to get more viewers?

It was the "Judge Jeanine Pirro" show.

You might be interested in this!

Our youngest Golden Retriver just recorded the news last night! He always seems to be laying on the remote and changing the channel, this time he recorded a show.

Any pets?

·
Registered
249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronning /forum/post/19206907

You might be interested in this!

Our youngest Golden Retriever just recorded the news last night! He always seems to be laying on the remote and changing the channel, this time he recorded a show.

Any pets?

That made me laugh, your Golden Retriever recording the news.

I don't have any pets.

·
Registered
687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedHead69 /forum/post/19206596

I have Comcast, so I don't think this will help, but I called today to get one and he fist told me $9 a month, and after I protested, he said he made a mistake and that it was $6.50 . . . then after I told him I would be returning the rented DVR, it went to free . . . seems Comcast give the first cable card for free, and the one in my rented DVR counts as the first one.

BTW, just got my Moxi today, can't wait to take it home and plug it in . . .Comcast is coming Sunday (for $9.95) to plug in the M-card . . . I guess $10 is not too bad considering a truck roll cost them like $75 . . . still, would have preferred to be able to pick the thing up myself . . .

Wow.... every area must be different. We have Comcast and we were able to go to the local office and pick up an M-Card ($1.50 per month) and install it ourselves - I'd never let a cable guy touch my $600 Moxi.

$9 or $6.50 is a huge rip off and should be challenged even if you have to write to the FCC or your local government (who typically "sanction" cable companies); may not do any good as these thieves are often in "cohoots"....

3961 - 3980 of 7579 Posts