Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

I have an RP56. I made an disk of MP3 to play on it and I realized that there's no way to see your files. I thought I'd see the names of the MP3s, or at least the names of the folders, but instead, nothing.

What Prog. Scan DVD players out there are MP3 friendly? How does the PR62 handle this? How about a Sony player?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anybody use their DVD player for MP3s? How about WMAs?

Thanks,

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use my Denon DVD-2800 for MP3's and it works great.

Magnus

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I believe the TOshiba 4700 plays MP3 and DVD-Audio and is a progressive player.....

Peace......

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just picked up a JVC XV-S502SL and it plays just about everything except audio DVD (plays mp3, DVD, VCD, SVCD, JPG picture disks). I've only tried the mp3's once - I just got it a couple of days ago but popped an mp3 cd in and it recognized the 1st 150 songs (thats the limit per directory - but you can have multiple directories) and it showed the correct tag info.

It's a progressive DVD (but can output interlaced also) and has optical and coaxial digital audio outputs.

Pretty good deal for the $179 I paid at CC.

Ed

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Pretty sure 62 and 82 will display the ID3 tags (aka mp3 file name and folder)...

nice players...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tweakophyte
Does anybody use their DVD player for MP3s? How about WMAs?

Thanks,

·
Registered
132 Posts
MP3s play great on the Q50 only problem is that it doesn't use the digital out due to stinky SDMI compliance - anyone got a hack?

I didn't like the way the RP56 handled MP3s, it doesn't group them by folders/albums although it did play them throught the digital out.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I was at Panasonic for product training the other day and the MP3 capabilities of the RP62 are excellent. Full song title display, folder navigation, random play...it's all there. Now I just hope it doesn't choke on some files like the RP56 did.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyG
Now I just hope it doesn't choke on some files like the RP56 did.
If it is like the RV32, it will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.