Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mp3 Player?

Hello all - I am looking for an Mp3 player for just around $100.. I can go a little higher, but im not looking for anything amazing. All I ever really listen to is Dave Matthews, but since there is so much Dave Matthews out there, size is a factor. Im not sure if I want to go with a HD player or a flash memory player. If I went with a flash memory player, you can usually find 32mb cards for free after rebates. But do I want to carry 10 flash cards around with me? I dunno, they are small enough.. The main feature I am looking for is a nice display and something that will let me get around quick. I want to be able to think of a title and jump right to it.

Any ideas (besides spending $400 on an ipod)

Thanks!

Cooney

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by coondogg97
Mp3 Player?

All I ever really listen to is Dave Matthews, but since there is so much Dave Matthews out there, size is a factor.

Cooney
Reminds me of an experience I had in the early 80's. I was traveling with buddy of mine, and we ended up at a 'cabin' in the Smokies with some Deadhead friends of his. For a full day we listened to one dead tape after another. Finally, some asked me to change the tape. I looked, and no exaggeration there where about 100 bootleg dead cassettes and one other tape, "Breezin' by Benson. Not my favorite album, but anything different seemed like a nice change. I turned it on. About 3 notes into the first song, everyone rebels. "WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING". Me: "I wanted to hear something different". Deadhead: "We have a wwiiiiide assortment of dead, how about 'Dead live at ?????'. I lost my stereo privs and listened to non-stop dead for another 48 hours.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, oh how far we have come from the 80's. Now you can sit there and listen to all 100 Dead tapes and not have to get up once.. How great is it that technology is making us catatonic!!!

My fiance feels your pain, all she ever gets to listen to is Dave Matthews, and I wont let her touch the radio, just for the fact I know she will turn on ANYTHING just not to have to listen to more Dave Matthews..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its as big or as small as you want it. It can be just the albums the band released or all of the albums, plus live shows, rare songs, etc.....

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by coondogg97
Its as big or as small as you want it. It can be just the albums the band released or all of the albums, plus live shows, rare songs, etc.....
For Deadhead levels of fanaticism there is the Archos 20 gig player. I have one of these. It holds ~300 CDs or so, but it is well above your price range. They made a 6 gig model that goes for about $175, still above your price range, but will hold enough for even the most ardent fan. Creative has the Nomad 10 G which is about $150, and a 6 Gig for about $110 or so. The thing I like about Archos is it is a cigarette pack sized and shape unit, the Nomads look like CD players (Yuccck).

If you just want to hold a few tunes, I haven't looked into those players.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I had the Archos Multimedia 20. I wasnt impressed with the display. I like the AV3000, but im not spending $500!

How about the Rio Riot? Anyone?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe that I have heard about the Archos HD being pretty easy to upgrade. Do a googel search to confirm, but I'm pretty sure.

You might get the 6 gb model now, with the option of upgrading it down the road. Check out Ebay et al and see fi you can find an old 6gb model used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.