Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From http://www.replaytv.com/support/replaytv/5000.asp

"If you have any good ideas for new ReplayTV product features and/or services, we would love to hear about them. Email us at [email protected] . Your creative suggestions are greatly appreciated and will help us to serve you better in the future."

I think if enough of us were to request MP3 playback as a feature, they'd add it. After all, SONICblue has great MP3 experience, and they've got the perfect platform in the ReplayTV: a PC with a large hard drive, Ethernet, audio and video outs (they could have a nice user-interface on the TV), etc., all in a unit that is, by it's nature, already hooked up to your home entertainment center.

For a couple years, I've been seeking a good way to incorporate my digital music collection (all in MP3 format) into my home theatre / entertainment system, but have found nothing good yet. They could make the defining product for this market.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Don't care. Don't want them even thinking about it. There are many excellent home-A/V MP3 solutions out there. See this forum here on AVS.

Sonic Blue has enough existing bugs to fix in their Replays - and enough Tivo-catchup features to implement - to keep their developers busy for several years, without wasting time on MP3s.

Sonic Blue already has (had) several excellent products in the MP3 category (Rio Receiver, Rio Car Player, etc), and have discontinued them because this market simply isn't profitable.

Adding MP3 features IMHO would be the kiss of death for ReplayTV.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You should try Audiotron. AudioTron fit right into steoro sytem and computer network. I agree with jimre. Let SB concentrate enhance and improve ReplayTV instead waste resource on adding MP3.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jimre
Don't care. Don't want them even thinking about it. There are many excellent home-A/V MP3 solutions out there. See this forum here on AVS.
I second that.

Just say NO to added MP3 functionality.

Totally not needed... fruitless to tie up a PVR playing MP3's.

(put em on your x-box ?) :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.