AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USBLUES /forum/post/20885518

playing my mp3 player through the receiver is producing low volume, if i add an equalizer like the one below will this help and boost the signal?

http://www.performance-teknique.com/...?idProduct=351

Turn the volume on your MP3 player to MAX. Adjust your desired listening level on the receiver.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USBLUES /forum/post/20885578

i did that, but my receiver is kinda week and maxes out pretty quick, it'll get hot if i turn it up too much, plus switching inputs gives huge volume spikes,

Can you list the equipment you are using?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sherwood RX-5502 & a Pyle P3201ATU for receivers, the pyle is the main amp powering the two sets of indoor ceiling 8 ohm spkrs, the RX5502 is on the tape out of the pyle because the pre out of the pyle was garbage, didn't even have any volume, which is funny because i bought pyle because it had pre outs. sony walkman mp3 player, and a pair of 8 ohm outdoor speakers connected to the sherwood,

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USBLUES /forum/post/20888193

Sherwood RX-5502 & a Pyle P3201ATU for receivers, the pyle is the main amp powering the two sets of indoor ceiling 8 ohm spkrs, the RX5502 is on the tape out of the pyle because the pre out of the pyle was garbage, didn't even have any volume, which is funny because i bought pyle because it had pre outs. sony walkman mp3 player, and a pair of 8 ohm outdoor speakers connected to the sherwood,

Remove the Sherwood and connect the MP3 player to the Pyle. See if that helps.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USBLUES /forum/post/20892500

i connected it to the Pyle via the MP3 jack on the front and the input jacks on the back and it is still much lower than the other sources such as the tuner or USB,

Have you tried connecting the MP3 player to the Sherwood?

Volume on MP3 player at MAX?

Swapped cables?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.