AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cassini MPact2 motherboard that works great for DD5.1 material. I just bought a Denon 1802 receiver and thought "Wow I now have DTS, let's try it". So I went out and purchased the Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD.

If I leave the Denon on Auto I hear sound, but I am assuming it is only in Stereo, since the DTS mode light doesn't light up. If I swtich it to DTS mode, I hear no sound.

What am I doing wrong?? I thought the Mpact2 (Mediaware99) fully supported DTS? The DVD has no audio setup menu so I assume it is always DTS?

I put in Gladiator, and chose DTS and it played, but the receiver displayed it as DD. If I set the receiver to DTS, no sound.

I have an old Zenith DVD player that doesn't output DTS, and if I select DTS on gladiator, I get no sound.

I am confused!

Thanks,

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I may have answered my own question. I think I am using mediaware98 which doesn't support DTS, although it is difficult to tell! The Entertainment Center doesn't even refer to itself as Mediaware anywhere. The Digital Connection Mediaware99 manual is (still) not posted for downloads, so I can't compare what I have with what it should look like. I called DC to order Mediaware 99, but the order taker didn't know what I was talking about and unfortunately Kei was not in at the time. I guess I'll have to wait for a call back.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Graeme,

Indeed you do need the newer version of the Mediaware, which actually should have been shipped to you as the motherboard has never shipped without it. The purple disk is identified with the "Diva" name. To check your version of the software, go to control panel and look in the Mpact Mediaware info. It should list the processor type, the software version, etc.

We never put up the software for download. I believe some members know the URLs to download. If you need to order the actual CD, it can at the product page under Software-General for $12. Please note, the store will be down until about 3:00PM PST for maintenance.

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What should it say? Mine says Mpact2 Mediaware 1.0.4338.0

Is this Mediaware 98 or 99?? If it is 99 then what do I need to do to get DTS sound?

Thank you,

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Graeme,

Looks like your Mediaware version is just fine. Can you report what the BIOS version is?

Do you also have your analog connection hooked up? Or just the S/PDIF?

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the rest of the information from the version screen:

MPact VGA BIOS Revision: 14.4.31.ED7.FFFF.10.900000000

MPact Media Processor: 4.65.1.2524

System Bios Revision: Award modular BIOS v4.51PG

I do not have an analog connection, just the SP/DIF.

Thanks again for your help,

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Graeme,

Your hardware is up to date, and so is your BIOS. I asked about analog because you mentioned you heard sounds but assumed it was stereo. I did notice this, however:

Quote:
I put in Gladiator, and chose DTS and it played, but the receiver displayed it as DD. If I set the receiver to DTS, no sound.
which caused me to question your Denon. I'll check with my system and report back later.

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Graeme,

I just checked the same mobo with a Denon 3801 and DTS works perfectly. I have the Denon setup for Auto and the DSP mode set to Pro Logic for the digital coax input. For Gladiator it auto switches to DTS ES DSCRT on the display and the Eagles displays DTS. Of course I had to select DTS from the startup menu on both DVDs.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I borrowed a DVD from a friend that passes DTS and my Denon works fine, however no go on the Mpact2. The stereo sound I was hearing was because I skipped the screen to chose DTS on the eagles album.

So I am still trying to figure out why I have no DTS on my Mpact. What version of Direct X do I need. I'm running Win 98.

Thanks again for all of your help,

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since I am selling my house right now, and a going through a divorce, it will take a while to have time to rebuild my HTPC with WinME and DX 8.0a. I'll start a new thread when I have had the opportunity to test this out.

Thanks again for all of your support on this issue,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.