AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way on one HTPC that is shared between 2 TVs to have 2 different sound profiles with MPC-HC? Because on my living room setup is through my receiver and is 5.1 or 2.0 respectively and my TV in bedroom is only 2.0. So... I need to be able to force MPC-HC to 2.0 stereo when I watch in my bedroom. Is this possible automatically or with a simple button click or 2?

Because with VLC I have it set play DTS or DD automatically through SPdif but when I'm in my bedroom it plays stereo automatically. But right now I have spdif working in MPC-HC so it won't play stereo in my bedroom (No sound)

Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
While it may not be exactly what you want, you could achieve this by installing MPC-HC twice, into separate folders. Let's say:
  • C:/Program Files (x86)/MPC-HC 2.0/
  • C:/Program Files (x86)/MPC-HC 5.1/

Then set the audio preferences in each player and put two shortcuts on your desktop. Open the MPC-HC 5.1 shortcut when you're in the living room, and the MPC-HC 2.0 shortcut in the bedroom.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really just want to be able to open mpc-hc on my other TV and have it play with stereo automatically or with a quick button push.... Is there a way to change the audio profile to stereo from 5.1 dts?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this possible or not?

I want to once the player is opened to be able switch between stereo and surround profiles...

Like I said before VLC has this and smplayer also... Both of which I don't care for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.