AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running MPC-HC x64 v1.2.908.0. It does not stutter when playing at 60 FPS, but stutters badly at 24 FPS. TMT does NOT stutter at 24 FPS, but locks up when I try to scroll through VC1 encoded MKVs, so is problematic also.

Does anybody know if there is a way to fix MPC-HC at 24 Hz? Am I using the wrong codec? I have MPCVideoDec.ax and MatroskaSplitter.ax registered, I think these are from MPC-HC x64 of the same version.

I am using an Intel Q6600 at 3 GHz and NVidia 9800GX2 with latest drivers under Vista Ultimate 64-bit. CPU utilization is in the 10 - 15% range for either format.

VC1:

AVC:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update: I tried to add the Enhanced Video Renderer using Graphstudio64, but I could not. I also notice it is located in the system32 directory, which I assume means EVR is a 32-bit decoder? Is it possible to use EVR in Vista x64?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Are you having video stutter with no audio stutter?

Or are you possiblyy having having jerky display/flicker due to the slow 24fps frame rate?

What interface are you sending 1080p/24 over? Does your HDTV/display documentation state that it will accept 1080p/24 over the interface you are using.

What problems do you have if any when running PC desktop applications when outputting 1080p/24

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/15574013

Are you having video stutter with no audio stutter?

Or are you possiblyy having having jerky display/flicker due to the slow 24fps frame rate?

What interface are you sending 1080p/24 over? Does your HDTV/display documentation state that it will accept 1080p/24 over the interface you are using.

What problems do you have if any when running PC desktop applications when outputting 1080p/24

I have no audio stutter, and I am not referring to the "micro-stutter" one gets from playing 24 FPS material on a very sharp LCD display. Micro-stutter is correctly smoothed using the Samsung LN52A650 120 Hz 'Auto Motion Plus' to interpolate between frames. Like I said, TMT looks good, but has some bugs that annoy me. I want to get non-proprietary players like MPC-HC, WMP11 and VMC to work properly.

I am using HDMI interface. The PC desktop works fine at 24 FPS.

I just modified the filter graph in Graphstudio64 to use EVR instead of VMR, then played the file in Graphstudio. It works perfectly! How do I set EVR to be the preferred Directshow renderer in my 64-bit environment? I tried to do it within MPC-HC but it would not let me adjust the merit.

So close . . .

edit: I just tried to increase the merit for EVR using Radlight filter manager, but it said "cannot update merit" even though I ran it as administrator. I also note there is an evr.dll in sysWOW64, so there must be a 64-bit version too. I was able to change to EVR renderer within MPC-HC, but it does not seem to have applied globally. WMP11 still looks bad, but at least MPC-HC plays nicely.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update: I was able to set EVR renderer preferred within MPC-HC, but still cannot adjust it's merit for DirectShow players. When I try this using Graphstudio64 it says "failed to set filter merit"

How in the world can I adjust filter merit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts