AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title states, my MPC HD will freeze when playing any AUDIO file format that is not DTS.

What I mean by freeze:

The video and audio stops, but the time keeps ticking.

When I click on the time bar to start from the part where it froze, it usually plays in another language, and sometimes even changes the audio code to my Onkyo receiver (from dolby d to dts) and is out of sync.

This is happening on a lot of my MKV files, but not all.

Another question is despite following all the instructions (ffdshow with MPC HD) I cannot get my Onkyo to see truehd or dts master. I do get 2 ffdshow audio icons at the top of my screen, one for ac3 6ch to output spdif and one ac3 6ch to output via hdmi....what's going on??

You are soldiers for helping me with this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks damelon, but ffdshow is the second most important part of my problem, EVEN WITHOUT ffdshow installed, just MPC HD working on its own, I get the freezing problem.

I prefer the vid quality of mpc hd over vlc, that's why I am pushing to use it, anyone have this freezing problem?

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
Maybe Un-install and re-install MPC-HC?

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
You may also want to take a look here .

·
Registered
2,332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skawonk  /t/1420964/mpc-hd-freezes-when-playing-dolby-d#post_22232785

Thanks damelon, but ffdshow is the second most important part of my problem, EVEN WITHOUT ffdshow installed, just MPC HD working on its own, I get the freezing problem.

I prefer the vid quality of mpc hd over vlc, that's why I am pushing to use it, anyone have this freezing problem?

That's what I'm saying though. If you use the LAV Filters with MPC-HC, the filters will take care of all of your audio/video processing. (And by using those filters, FFDShow is not necessary) The actual player (MPC-HC) is more of the shell that the filters run out of. If you have a decent video card, you can move all of the actual number crunching/video decoding to your video card using things like CUVID vs CPU only, which is what MPC-HC uses as a standard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts