AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More details:

I'm using Dscaler audio and video decoders, along with ffdshow for resizing/sharpening. The audio decoder is set to just pass through the SPDIF, without any volume normalizing or anything like that. Despite this, I am still getting occasional dropouts in MPC (more frequently during scenes which are probably taxing on ffdshow). As best as I can tell, MPC and Zoomplayer (which has 0 problems) are using the same configuration, and the graphs are the same too. If I jump back to where the dropout occurs, it often doesn't happen a subsequent time. I've tried searching but can't seem to find anything. If SPDIF passthrough is done correctly, CPU utilization should have absolutely no effect on it, correct?

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
What media splitter are you using in MPC? This seems to cause quite a bit of problems sometimes.

Also, I had problems with Dscaler Audio in MPC, but after switching to AC3Filter, my problems went away.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've been told zoomplayer doesn't sync the audio. Meaning it'll be more liberal about forcing the actors lips to move with the audio. It'll desync and drop frames before the audio craps out while other programs require more syncing and will also drop the audio frames to keep in sync. The effect is very harsh with compressed audio as the reciever needs a few frames to sync back up.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if Zoom isn't syncing the audio, does anyone know of a way to get MPC to do the same? I'm guessing it's impossible and I'm just gonna need to tolerate the dropouts or buy Zoom. Sync problems I typically have to really be looking for (if they're present at all), while dropped audio frames are jarring under any circumstances. Certainly making matters worse is my receiver's absolutely horrible ability to sync with a DD track again.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Trying installing AC3Filter, and use it in MPC to handle the audio. In the AC3Filter config, tell it to simply pass-through .ac3 and .dts. Let me know how that works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.