AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been experimenting with playback of [email protected] transport streams on a Celeron 566 @ 850MHz, Radeon LE, Win98 system with mixed success.

Firstly, I could only get playback by remuxing the TS to a vob with Elecard remuxer: using the Elecard demux filter directly didn't seem to work.

As a test bed, I use only decoder filters and Media Player/ZoomPlayer, not the actual players.

The only mpeg2 decoder filters I have been able to get to work with reasonable PQ are the ATI/Cinemaster 4.1 qidvdf.ax, and WinDVD 2.6.4 and 2.8 ivivideo.ax and iviaudio.ax; PowerDVDXP 4.0 produced terrible stuttering.

However, qidvdf.ax produces horizontal strings of multicoloured blocks at scene changes on some TS files, occassional 'pulsations' of the image and does not display the media file length or permit dynamic file positioning with ZoomPlayer; WinDVD 2.6.4 creates a 4:3 aspect by cropping the sides of the image but has a luscious detailed image of great depth and clarity; WinDVD 2.8 is the only filter to both create the correct aspect ratio and not have multicoloured blocking but the PQ is not quite as good as WinDVD 2.6.4. CPU loading is least with Radeon acceleration and qidvdf.ax (40%) and greatest with WinDVD (75%) all using 7093 drivers (7199 drivers created all kinds of instabilities with [email protected]).

What I'm hoping someone can help me with is a way to eliminate the multicoloured blocks and the inability to display media file length (in time) or to dynamically file position with qidvdf.ax Do I require an additional Cinemaster filter to provide dynamic file positioning and display of media length? WinDVD filters do not seem to have a problem doing this.

Ian

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.