Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does this work under Win ME ?

I am using EC to playback MPEG2 files, video works fine, but do not hear any sound ? Are there some filters that I need to register ? What am I missing ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Gireesh.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My motherboard has an MPACT2 DVA chip which is a sound card as well. I get sound when playing back DVD, but not when playing back MPEG files. Sound works with DScaler as well. I installed Elecard MPEG2 player, and I get sound from that as well.

Gireesh.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Gireesh,

hi, please don't take offence, :) but you already posted this in another thread, and I did try to help you. You let that thread die... did you even try my suggestions on the Start--->Settings--->CPanel--->MPACT?

we MPACT users are almost extinct by now, and people really have no idea about this.

Again, all I can say is that my 3DFusion works well with DVDs in Win98, 98SE and ME, I've tried them all. I do recall that once I copied a part of a disc, which had no CSS encryption!!! to the HD, and this .vob played fine with audio. I did this on Win 98. My Audio settings are "external receiver" and "full" DD dynamic range. If this fails, maybe it has something to do with which Codec should windows use or something???

Sorry if this wasn't much help,

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Gireesh,

I also would like to help you too, but I'm not sure what is going on. Every MPEG-1 file I have used have had absolutely no problem, as well as any VCD disks I have tried. Cliff even sent me some of the MPEG-2 files he created with Ligos, no problem with video or audio. I've even captured and encoded my own MPEG-1 files on the Mpact 1 with the video capture and encoding feature (which by the way is pretty amazing in quality), no a/v problems. I still suspect that it is source related, although that's not definitive.

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gents,

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have tried all the basic stuff. Recently, I downloaded the MPEG files produced by Chromatic... the oldies will know, logo, morph, morph2, srsdemo etc. Sound play well from those. But the ones created with WinDVR doesn't. Neither do some of the other MPEGs I download off the web.

Is there an utility that will tell me details about an MPEG file, audio encoding, bit stream etc. ?

Ricardo, I did not take offense to your comments. I don't know if you know, but I have read and written so much on MPACT on this forum, and the web, that I think that I am obsessed with the chip. I know every card made with the chip and every motherboard that had the chip built in.

Why am I such an MPACT2 fan ?

Show me a DVD/VGA card that does 800x600 better and I will switch!

Gireesh.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Gireesh,

Gent I'm not, but I'll still respond.

The software that came with the old M1 encoder did have the utility to check the MPEG1 file to make sure that the audio was encoded with the video properly. In fact, it gave you the option to encode with with your own audio files. I suspect that the non-audio playback has something to do with WDM compliance.

I also still use my Mpact 2, and can't imagine getting rid of it. I still use the frame capture often. I also use it when the source of DVD is video based.

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.