Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Wasn't too sure where to post this, but I guess HD recorders is as good as any :)

I have been curious about MPEG2 TS ever since BenCooley made a converter of sorts and now people are DStreaming to tape and all.

So, I figurered it would be helpful to be able to analyse the streams and look for errors (maybe setting the error flag if one is found) and also to allow for clean splits of TS files.

I found a very interesting resource or two.

One is a series of information about protocol analysis at Tektronix . This looks to have a lot of information though I haven't had the chance to read it in depth.

Also, there is also an academic site in the UK which is a little easier on the brain and has good information.

It is also interesting that Blu-ray seem to be aiming to use transport streams as typically TS is for broadcast.

If anyone else knows of free TS and PES steam information on the web, please follow up with links.

I am working on a Win app which looks into the TS files. I am not a programmer (well, by trade at least) so I am not too inclined to make my ugly source available, but if there is interest I will post the exe's if I ever do anything good. :)

Cheers!

DAve.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out this site for some interesting 'free' MPEG tools...

Here is IEC's documentation on such things.

Cheers!

DAve.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I played with those tools when developing a mpeg2/vob to transport stream converter. None of those tools create an ATSC compliant transport stream. They were usefull for some functionality but I found the videolan code to be much better.

-- John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.