Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr Wiggles,

If memory serves, you've mentioned that you live near Shepherd and 59. Did you survive last week's flood?

I hope the water hasn't changed your Infocomm plans.

-phil

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
PhilB,

I was out of town last week in Columbus on business.

I was to fly into Houston last Friday afternoon but the weather wouldn't permit it. We flew to New Orleans instead then back to Houston later that night. The pilot took 4 daredevil approaches before deciding it was to risky. We wound up landing in DFW. My co-workers and I took a couple of rental cars on Saturday morning from Dallas.

What a sight to see. I have been in Houston all of my life and hadn't seen anything like this. Alicia in '83 didn't do this much damage in my opinion.

As it turns out, my car at the airport was sumerged and ruined but my house just north of the museum district was perfectly fine.

The funny thing is I activated my sprinkler system before I left for Ohio in anticipation of a dry week. It is safe to say my yard is quite wet currently.

I will be at Infocomm all day Thurs and Fri to get away from it all. In Las Vegas, if it rains hard for an hour it dries up in 30 mins. Houston isn't the same way.

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

[This message has been edited by MrWigggles (edited 06-11-2001).]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Phil/Mr. Wiggles,

I just realized that you reside in my part of the country, funny I never paid attention to the locations before. I also live in the land of sugar and thankfully we got away with minimal flooding in our area.

Do you know anywhere in Houston if there are any dealers that could demo the Sanyo XP21N/XP18N?

I have recently purchased the LP350 and am fairly disappointed with the color reproduction. I have two more days before my RMA expires and I lose return privelages at the cost of a 10% restocking fee.

I would really like to see the Sanyo before I return the Infocus in order to make a decision if it is really worth the extra 2K. I could live with the Infocus for a while but would like to give myself the benefit of the doubt. I was planning to purchase the XP21N with a 3 day money back guarantee but the vendor changed his mind regarding the money back guarantee at the last minute.

Any input on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't know of any either. I have only been able to find Runco, Dwin, Sony, Marantz, Sharp, and Dream Vision in Houston.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.