Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proufo,

I've been away for a while and haven't followed this forum. I was messing with MRSS again today after a long time and figured out that any triplet (L,W,H) such that given L, W=0.9524*L and H=0.9524*L/2 solves your spreadsheet in terms of the frequency spacing with a 5% linear spacing target (Bonello), which translate into an average ~1% log spacing.

I apologize if this has been said before, I don't mean to take credit for anybody else's contribution.

Regards,

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hello Dennis.

Those ratios would make Width equal to 2*Height.

It's more like ratios of 2.2:2.1:1

Anyone here would tell you that these ratios are too close together so they are not good. But doing the math with the SS will prove otherwise.

You can multiply all dimensions for any number and the relationships won't change.

You'd also want that the first resonances closer that 5% are above 200Hz so they can be diffused easily.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Proufo,

Actually, just for the record, I made a typo, the dimensions should be

L

W = 0.9524*L

H = 0.9524*W/2

Regards,

Dennis

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I appreciate all the work that must have gone into this spreadsheet. But, I'm a simple guy. I need something that says "Put seats here". Do you have anything like that?

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
Interior designers are pretty good at answering that question.

Based upon the size and type of seats, length of your legs, etc., put the seats where you are the most comfortable. "Good" and "bad" head positions are typically six inches or less apart. So, unless you plan on head restraints to enforce seating locations ...... :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Crescent
I appreciate all the work that must have gone into this spreadsheet. But, I'm a simple guy. I need something that says "Put seats here". Do you have anything like that?
Hello Crescent.

I don't have anything like that. I tend to believe trial and error after a resonable positioning of the speakers and perhaps some equalization would be optimum.

With the default dimension set, there's not too much space to work with either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.