AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be old news but I saw it on Yahoo and thought I'd pass it along, who has seen HD DX9 encodeing and how does it look.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...c&e=1&ncid=581

l sure hope this does well it'll just means more content on the way. Looks like MS is trying to put the kebashh on on Sony's Blue laser DVD players. As in hey we can already do that with exsiting DVDs. Anyhow the more HD content the better.....

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
There's a monster thread on this over in the HTPC section here if you want all the gory details. They did the same thing for Standing in the Shadows of Motown, but the resolution on T2 is supposed to be "better" than 720p (but not 1080p), whereas SISM is 1024x576 (I think). IMHO, MS is using these one-offs to build public support in an effort to sway the DVD Forum to adopt WM9 for HD-DVD, but it ain't gonna work...still, nice to see *anything* in prerecorded HD (or close to HD).

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Its been confirmed this morning that it will be 1440x816 anamorphically compressed for a 1920x816p output...

Being 2.35 ratio directly that compares to 1920x1080p and encoding black bars...

As thats a progressive encode no pre filtering should be in place as there would be with an interlaced source...

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
I just saw the posts in the HTPC forum, Phreddy...thanks for the update, and it's better than I would have expected it to be. Too bad my HTPC is a P3/1.0 clunker! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.