AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that are interested looks like Flight Simulator is getting close to releasing the Technical Alpha. Insiders can sign up now to hopefully gain access (at least that is how I was reading everything). I am hoping this is going to be both for the PC and Xbox version as well and not just one or the other.
https://www.flightsimulator.com/

Cross posted on Xbox Forum as well.

Reactions: mboojigga

· Registered
9,460 Posts
Grew up watching my father in the Airforce living on an Air Force base and watching him play Flight Simulator on the Conmodore 64.

Reactions: Arutha_conDoin

· Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grew up watching my father in the Airforce living on an Air Force base and watching him play Flight Simulator on the Conmodore 64.
I still wish I had my commodore 64! That had some awesome games!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mboojigga

· Registered
9,460 Posts
C64 and Amiga is where games really shined then. Also going to thru stacks of Computer Shopper.

Reactions: Arutha_conDoin

606 Posts
I've always enjoyed looking at the technical achievements of Microsoft's Flight Simulator series. The late '90s iterations no doubt helped propel the general desire to buy 3D graphics accelerator cards.

If I remember correctly, companies like Falcon Northwest used those games in magazine ads to help sell their uber-expensive PCs. It could have been one of the other companies' early combat simulators that they showed off, though.

· Registered
9,460 Posts
I've always enjoyed looking at the technical achievements of Microsoft's Flight Simulator series. The late '90s iterations no doubt helped propel the general desire to buy 3D graphics accelerator cards.

If I remember correctly, companies like Falcon Northwest used those games in magazine ads to help sell their uber-expensive PCs. It could have been one of the other companies' early combat simulators that they showed off, though.
Falcon 4.0 and Janes series of simulations Gunship being one of my favorite

Reactions: NewAger
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.