AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news

The Xbox Live Arcade file size was capped at 50 MB to accommodate consumers who purchased the hard drive-less Xbox 360 Core SKU (those consumers had to use one of Microsoft's memory cards). Under condition of anonymity, sources revealed to 1UP that the file size for Xbox Live Arcade titles has been increased from 50 MB to 250 MB and with Microsoft's approval, that size can be expanded to 450 MB.

Full story here at 1up.com

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156520

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Awesome. That means that the quality of the LIVE Arcade games can now go through the roof. Thats nearly a full CD's worth of games, which means many classic PC games could even appear on the 360. Quake 3 as a cheap download, etc.

Games that still look good, even though they aren't cutting edge.....

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
I think I'll have to turn off the auto-downloader if it starts grabbing 250 meg files on a regular basis.

Then again, this is the arcade...so I guess I wouldn't have to worry about it grabbing things on a 'regular basis.'

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
yup, bring it on! 50 megs is just too small in this world. Sure cartriges were small in size but I want to see enhanced Live Arcade games. I really don't care about pong
There is lots of potential on xbla that is just not being tapped into. Larger file size will surely help.

Would be nice though that if we buy a game, but for some reason have to delete for space, that we could redownload it again in the future without paying.

·
Registered
707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 /forum/post/0

Would be nice though that if we buy a game, but for some reason have to delete for space, that we could redownload it again in the future without paying.

I think you can do that if you're using the same gamertag on the same machine as when you first purchased it.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Lazy programmers... Roboblitz is 50 megs! Good news though.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
This is good news if the Arcade prices remain in check.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
About ****in time..

·
Registered
337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Bull /forum/post/0

I think you can do that if you're using the same gamertag on the same machine as when you first purchased it.

Your downloads (except for movies) are associated with your gamertag yes but not with your machine. This is a good thing. If for example your xbox dies and needs to be replaced, you'd be entitled to re download your games, pics, themes... without paying for them twice. Movies are different though. Unfortunately you have to pay for the same movie over and over. But that's for a different thread.

This is good news about the increase in size of the Live games. It goes along with reported soon to be canceled core system and inevitable larger HDs as well.

·
Premium Member
4,055 Posts
I'm more concerned about when they plan to release larger HDD's. I've been very selective about which games I download just because I don't want to be faced with the choice of deleting a game or save just to download another game that I really want.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/0

Lazy programmers... Roboblitz is 50 megs! Good news though.

I don't think its just lazy programming. It probably takes more time to develop these games when you are limited to such small sizes, not to mention they probably had to take something out which would probably give us better value. Who knows I'm just voicing my opinion.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi /forum/post/0

I'm more concerned about when they plan to release larger HDD's. I've been very selective about which games I download just because I don't want to be faced with the choice of deleting a game or save just to download another game that I really want.

I would like to have a choice of the hard drive I want rather being restricted to the MS brand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.