AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried out the MSB "Progressive Plus" DVD modification yet, or care to comment on why a SDI upgrade would be superior to the MSB modifications? For less than 1k, the MSB path offers 8 resolutions 480p to 1200p, a couple of sharpness settings, 3 anamorphic modes, automatic 3/2 pulldown, picture stabiliaztion, and MPEG artifact reduction. At last CES, the MSB display featuring their upgraded Sony DVD player gave 5th Element a spectacular "hi-definition" image, not even remotely replicated with my 480p Toshiba 5109 presentation.

MSB apparently had some early kinks to work out with the initial batch of upgraded units, but are now apparently, blowin and goin!

I'm definetly looking for the most cost effective upgrade path that will push my 720p/1080i Sony 10ht FP to its maximum capability.

The Hi-Def image thru my RCA DTC-100 of HBO broadcasts is totally addictive!

Jack

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
If you have a 10HT, you should get something with great 480p output. The scaler in the 10HT is top notch. You also want to do all aspect ratio control with the 10HT, not the DVD player.

When we tried the Cinematrix PSM-1 (MSB) with the 10HT, the output voltages were so far from correct that it clipped the input of the 10HT. We were unable to correct for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.