AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the message: Today's Knicks vs Washington game is brought to you in HDTV by Panasonic (sponsor)..

How in the world would I watch MSG in HDTV???

I live in NJ, have Optimum Online...

Would I have it in HDTV if I had TWC of NYC???

I also have DirecTV..

OTA??? I would guess NOT OTA

·
Registered
165 Posts
On my setup -- a Toshiba DST-3000 -- like many others, there are two antenna inputs that can accomodate cable, OTA and satelltite signals. I have a DirecTV dish on one 'local' input and my cable/OTA joined with a diplexer on the other input.

I select either one 'local' input or the other. With this configuration, cable channels are accessible at all times, but HDTV/digital signals can only be accessed via one source (OTA or cable) at any given time.

Through Cablevision, MSG-HD is on channel 38-1, Fox Sports-HD on 39-1, and HBO-HD is on 61-1.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 22sparky
Bogney Baux

How do you get MSG in HD?Give us details (decoder, settings, etc.).
I connect the cable directly into one of the 2 antenna inputs of the RCA DCT-100. The signal type is set to "AIR", not cable. MSG will appear on channel 38 (frequency band of 614 to 620 Mhz).

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It is unfair of Cablevision to only transmit these channels to customers of Long Island, and COMPLETELY ignore the customers in CT and NJ. Repeated inquiries to Cablevision about this have gotten me squat in the response dept. However, I realize this is the way Cablevision operates...hardly ever respond to your customers' questions.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have pretty much the same question as arthurvino, except that I have TWC and live in Manhattan. If I connect TWC's cable to an STB like the DTC-100, does anyone know if I'd be able to get MSG in HD, as well as other HD programming? I'm asking because I'm number 300-something on the waiting list for TWC's HD STB, and don't think I'll be seeing that box anytime soon.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
315 Posts
As part of my job I hook up my customers HDTV sets here on Long Island. They ask if they will get HDTV from cable. I say let's hook it up and see if it's there. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. The 3 channels show up, look great, and disappear when they want to. They stay on for weeks, disappear for a day, and come back on again. Sometimes only HBOHD goes but then it comes back. I've given up trying to talk to Cablevision about this. Nobody at the HQ can or will tell me anything about their plans. The dish and the ant are more consistent.

Dan

·
Registered
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CJArciola, III
It is unfair of Cablevision to only transmit these channels to customers of Long Island, and COMPLETELY ignore the customers in CT and NJ. Repeated inquiries to Cablevision about this have gotten me squat in the response dept. However, I realize this is the way Cablevision operates...hardly ever respond to your customers' questions.
...and the areas they cover in CT and NJ are pretty gosh darn affluent neighborhoods with lots of Wiz stores. One would think it's a lay up decision to promote HDTV in those areas.

Rich

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Wow, this is pretty cool for you guys in NYC. RSNs would be one of the last channels Id expect to be broadcast in HD. Enjoy those Rangers games in HD! :)

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.