AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum but could not find any hits about this board. I'm in the market for a new HTPC and was previously looking at the Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 until this baby caught my eye. It offers support for a 6-core CPU, has an upgraded IGP (Radeon 4290), and offers SATA3 (6 Gbps) and two USB 3.0 ports. It's received favorable reviews ( here and here ).

I'm ordering an hec case which comes with a proprietary 270W PSU. As a result, I'm going to pair the board with a low-power AMD Athlon II X2 235e (2.7 GHz, 45W).

Other than the price, is there any reason to stick with the Gigabyte board over the new MSI board?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have the MSI 790gx g65 and a Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H. I think the gigabyte is better and they make a more stable board. I just upgraded my server to the gigabyte tues and moved my MSI to my HTPC. I'm now having problems with the MSI only accepting 1 ram stick which is very odd.

If you're looking to compare you should checkout the 890 GPA -UD3H as it's the same as the 890gxm-g65 class with SATA6 and USB3

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That board has a very similar setup but it's a full ATX form factor. I'm only considering µATX boards as this will be for an HTPC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts