1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
55 Posts
No, it's stereo. Just not DBX stereo, but I can't get it to work in stereo in Europe anyway. I think MSI really screwed it up and just removed the stereo option in the drivers also for Europe though it should work there..

·
Registered
116 Posts
"You can select the MTS/Stereo/Mono audio type" is right there in the product listing on their website. And I bought the card thinking it could actually DO what they claimed.

Sadly, the chip won't ever be able to tune NTSC stereo in the US.

I'll never buy from MSI again. Now, it's just a overpriced capture card. Worse yet, my audio card, the Revo, has problems with line-in from outside sources and the Control Panel has to be kept open. (Yes, I know it can be minimized, Cliff.)

Ahh.. the joys of believing vendors.

·
Premium Member
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you're saying this tuner card will not do stereo from NTSC cable TV signals? Why do you say it won't ever be able to tune NTSC stereo in the US?

I am not in desparate need of the stereo aspect, as I am mainly looking at this card because of the quality of video it tends to produce according to some people on here who use the card.

·
Registered
25 Posts
One slight clarification to what HeinePaul wrote, but the key limitation with the MSI [email protected] is that MSI uses the CX23881 Conexant chip which lacks BTSC-dBX and EIAJ audio. The ASUS instead uses the CX23880 which supports those...

I must say that finding this out was a major let down as EIAJ is used here in Japan and I've had good luck with the PQ of the tuner which runs circles around my KWorld BT878. :(

·
Premium Member
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What Asus capture card would have the same video quality as the MSI [email protected]? Looks like my options are still mono TV with the MSI or Stereo TV with the Flyvideo 3000.

Is there an Asus capture card comparable to the above? I want the best video :) If I have to, I'll just Cable TV S-video from my SVHS vcr with the audio going right from my VCR to my receiver anyways. Good idea? Stereo tuner is only needed then for stereo while watching TV at the PC. Hardly important to me.

thanx :)

·
Premium Member
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anybody have experience with this card. Some say the Philips of the Lifevideo is less noisy than the Connexant of the others. Not sure what to make of that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.