AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i figured i finally reached the point with my setup, when i can open a thread and proudly show what i got.

Im living in a condo so im already pushing the limit with my gear. The good thing is that i got concrete walls between units (even bedrooms) and my unit is the last on the hall. Nobody ever complained ...yet. My living room is about 350Sqf.

So, here's the list of equipment that i currently have:

TV - Pioneer 50" 1080p Plasma - PDP5010FD

Receiver - Yamaha 7.1 - RX-V1800

BD Player - Pioneer - BDP-51FD

Speakers - Klipsch 7.1 Reference Series (got a extra x2 RS52's for a complete 7.1)

Sub - Velodyne 12" - DLS4000r

Monster PowerCenter HKS1600

XBOX360 & PS3

SA 8300HD PVR

Harmony One Remote

The stand im using is from Ikea. It's a "BESTA" product/model.

Some shots..

...I'll add more pics later on

Well, that's all guys, not as good as the dedicated theaters but it does the job very well for now......thanks for visiting

·
Registered
73 Posts
Awesome looking setup!...I really like the Ikea Besta furniture but cannot find that unit on the Ikea website...which one is it?

my only recommendation would be to position the center speaker closer to the front to avoid sound reflections off the top of the cabinet.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
mtommy,

Congratulations! A very nice system indeed!!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hello mtommy79.

I don't know if you had a chance to visit the theater gallery section as of late, where you posted photos of your system, but I did post a comment about your setup and I also suggested posting your system in this section. It looks as if we were in the same mind set. Either that or you were already poised to do that prior to my post!

Regardless, you have a very nice and neatly arranged setup.

It's nice to see another Klipsch Reference Owner!

It looks like you have an RF62 pkg but the center looks like the RC52. If it is, are you considering the RC62 center channel? Not that the 52 is a bad CC, because it isn't. It's just that the RC62 is designed and better matched to go with the RF62.

BTW, which do you prefer for blu ray playback, the Pioneer BDP51FD or the PS3?

Again, very sweet setup!

Regards.

·
Registered
820 Posts
mtommy79,

You've got a beautiful and very impressive system there! The setup is just so clean and elegant. And hmm, does everyone have hardwood floors except for my wife and me?
I will second hidefvics to move the center speaker to the front of the stand - at least give it a try and see if the sound is improved.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments.

I got your message ldgibson76. That's the reason i came here.

About the center speaker. Yes, it is the RC52. Long story short, i had a RC62 but something wasn't right with it. After having it for about 2 weeks, when i was watching movies got some constant static noise coming out from it instead of dialogs. I replaced the speaker cable (tried 12&14GA), no luck. Went out and got the RC52. No problem with that one, so i decided to keep that and just send the RC62 back. Really i can't notice any difference between the 2 speakers. Maybe if i play something loud, but not sure. I feel it's more than enough for me right now, and when it's time to buy a house.....well......that's another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidefvics /forum/post/15461734

Awesome looking setup!...I really like the Ikea Besta furniture but cannot find that unit on the Ikea website...which one is it?

my only recommendation would be to position the center speaker closer to the front to avoid sound reflections off the top of the cabinet.

That's because they do not sell it as a stand. Basically i just picked some items out and join them together - like LEGO

There you go:

x6 http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80143217

x3 http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80102146

x2 http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40103553

Total was around 200$.

I will pull my center forward tonight and see if there is any improvement.

Thanks for the feedback's again.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Awesome setup! Do you see or feel any difference with your monster power center? Good selection of components.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Did you leave the back off? I'm thinking of doing something like this with exactly those besta units ( http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80102146 ), but I would need to leave the back off cause my receiver would stick out an inch or two in the back, but I'm concerned if this would make them wobbly, etc. From the picture it looks like you left the back off (at least on the left most unit). Did you have to reinforce it in any way to make sure it's not wobbly, etc.?

Thanks,

Harry

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Muscle /forum/post/15477103

Did you leave the back off? I'm thinking of doing something like this with exactly those besta units ( http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80102146 ), but I would need to leave the back off cause my receiver would stick out an inch or two in the back, but I'm concerned if this would make them wobbly, etc. From the picture it looks like you left the back off (at least on the left most unit). Did you have to reinforce it in any way to make sure it's not wobbly, etc.?

Thanks,

Harry

Yes i did left them out. The reason was, i didn't wanted to suffocate my equipments. Because of the doors on front the whole stand would be closed off completely. The units are sturdy (well built) even without the back panel, but i joined them together at the back just to make sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I really like your setup. Your home theater blends nicely with the decor. Very clean. How do you like that Velodyne sub? Any issues with the neighbors?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Good job on the room.

Warm and cozy. I like the way you put your signs between your rear speakers.

Sometimes NOT having a dedicated theater can be better depending on your needs.

By the way, where did you get the rug?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

Quote:
BTW, which do you prefer for blu ray playback, the Pioneer BDP51FD or the PS3?

Again, very sweet setup!

Hello mtommy79.

If I somehow missed your reply to the above inquiry, I apologize.

Being that the PS3 is lauded the most reliable and in some circles, "the best" at bluray playback how does your Pioneer BDP51FD compare in performance, reliability and user-friendliness to the PS3?!

Regards.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments, really appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico38 /forum/post/15532951

How do you like that Velodyne sub? Any issues with the neighbors?

It's awesome. No one ever complained.....yet. The guy above me is pretty cool, he said he could feel his floor (laminate) vibrates when i watch movies, but don't mind since he works at night so nobody is home. The neighbors beside me never ever said anything and i never asked them either. I have the Sub volume up about 40% and -2db on my receiver. It can easily shake my windows on higher volume. Its really powerful. I know there are better subs (HSU,SVS...) out on a market, but for the size of my living room the Velodyne does a really good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst /forum/post/15533379

By the way, where did you get the rug?

From a Canadian retailer, not sure where to find it in the US.
http://www.thebrick.com/Application/...4-4B44620FF893

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 /forum/post/15533635

Hello mtommy79.

If I somehow missed your reply to the above inquiry, I apologize.

Being that the PS3 is lauded the most reliable and in some circles, "the best" at bluray playback how does your Pioneer BDP51FD compare in performance, reliability and user-friendliness to the PS3?!

Regards.

Hi,

I personally prefer & use the Pioneer for Blu-ray. The PS3 definitely the best BD player if you don't mind the lack of capability to bitstream DDTrueHD & DTSMA. That was my main issue and wanted to get a stand alone player which can send the raw digital audio without processing so the receiver can process it. + seeing them light up on my receiver is a bonus

Picture quality wise, they both look the same, not sure about upscale since i don't watch SD DVD at all. The PS3 is far more faster, when it comes to loading times. Since the PS3 using Bluetooth, i dislike the incompatibility of the remote with my harmony one. Can't use it without some sort of IR adapter.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just want to say 2 things...

WOW, awesome setup, right down to the carpet lol

and

THANK YOU for the seemingly never-ending quest for a TV Stand that I like has come to an end!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
very nice set. all streamline and matching. Plaques look better on that back wall rather than the front. A++

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is that one of the new thin flat screens i see?
nice set up!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts