AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the Future Shop online and could not find Mulholland Dr. Where else can I find it?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
A+B has a large collection of DVD's (here in Regina anyways) and if they dont have it, they can order it in. Prolly best to go down there IMHO.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
Thanks. At least now I have an explanation to this disaster. Still, when films rely so heavily on dreams, IMO, it makes for a poor script and finally a very poor movie.
Great/interesting review/analysis of the film, wasn't it?

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
kipp, you are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are absolutley wrong.

Of course, I couldn't stand Lynch's FIRE, WALK WITH ME or WILD AT HEART.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kipp,

To each their own. I loved this movie and still do. My friend and I watched it two years ago and we both didn't quite understand it and he didn't end up liking it. I loved it even though I didn't understand it. The acting, directing and just plain feel of the movie is amazing. After I watched it a second time, this time with another friend of mine, he helped me figure out the movie completely and after that I liked it even more. I was very happy to completely understand the movie. Everything in our understanding made perfect sense. After searching the internet, it has proved to be THE correct interpretation, as far as I'm concerned. Very good movie in my opinion. Each person is entitled to their opinion, but I must disagree with your statement:

Quote:
when films rely so heavily on dreams, IMO, it makes for a poor script and finally a very poor movie
This movie doesn't "rely on dreams" in order to explain itself. The movie is almost entirely ABOUT a dream. In your arguement, you could say the same about fictional stories that rely too heavily on what? Reality? Fiction? Reality is used to explain the dream. Don't discount dreams, they are interesting and entertaining. Whats wrong with a movie about a dream anyways? I loved this movie very much. Weird movie but very good looking movie.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amazon.ca won't recognize my postal code. I've entered it every which way and it won't work. Using the following as an example, nothing works:

A1A-2B2

A1A2B2

a1a-2B2

a1a2B2

None of these work. What the heck? I emailed amazon.ca.

?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cpc
A1A-2B2

A1A2B2

a1a-2B2

a1a2B2
At the risk of looking like a smart-ass, did you try a space?

A1A 2B2

·
Registered
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
This has to be one of the worst movies ever made.
No movie with that much lesbian sex could be in the category of "one of the worst movies ever made".

Ok, I liked it even without the lesbian sex.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by susan7566
No movie with that much lesbian sex could be in the category of "one of the worst movies ever made".

Ok, I liked it even without the lesbian sex.
I like you :D :D :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Best Buy has it an you may be able to find it at some Rogers Video stores.

By the way, I loved this movie (even though I did not get it at all the first time I watched it :)) and have a copy. The only thing that bothers me is that you can not chapter search with this DVD. Touch the skip button and you are at the end credits :). That's DL for you.

Thanks,

Maziar

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Best Buy sells MD new for $9.99, as does Movie Trading Company, but the Lewisville, Texas, Movie Trading Company has some used copies (30-day guarantee) for $7.99. Other MTC's in the Dallas Metroplex may also have used copies for $7.99.

·
Registered
346 Posts
eweiss, I think this guy lives in Toronto Canada, so Texas might be a little far for him :D

Thanks,

Maziar

·
Registered
454 Posts
One of my favorite of all time, only problem is that you will have to think to understand it (frightening for some, I know). Have you tried looking in blockbuster or rogers? They sell new and used dvd's, i've seen it a couple of times for sale in the previously viewed sections.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Is there some reason it's so difficult to get this DVD? I have one. I bought it at your run of the mill retail chain empire.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.