AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just purusing the bestprices.com site, and I saw the Mulholland Drive is now being listed as discontinued.

I've had this one on order with them since the beginning of last month, and I can't believe I had to check their site to find out. I chatted with a CSR at BP, and she said that their warehouse manager has been informed that they will not be able to get any more of this tape. Fortunately, I was able to get free shipping on a new order with them because of this hassle.

Nevertheless, I still want to have Mulholland Drive on DVHS. :(

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sorry to be O.T.

I would just like to know if you are ordering from Europe?

Last time I checked with BP, they refused to ship overseas.

Thanks.

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Mulholland Drive does appear to be next to impossible to find. I've been waiting since before it was released for someone to show it as in stock but so far no luck. I tried ordering it from the dvhsmovie link above so we'll see what happens. I'm starting to think they only made five tapes.

I was going to stay away from d-vhs as I've never liked tape formats, but a Lynch film in HD is too hard to resist. If I ever get a copy of the tape it'll be enough to make me go out and buy a d-vhs deck. Maybe JVC would sell more of them if they actually made enough product to play on them. But that's a whole different discussion. :)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
 www.widescreenreview.com had MULHOLLAND DRIVE in-stock too recently. I bought a copy there fearing I'd never get a copy from the discounters.

Right now, D-VHS is seeming like the 80's Laserdisc scene where most thangs got one press run. If you want it, buy it pronto before it goes OOP. That could change in a year or two if the format ever makes any headway?

If ya'all liked the singer, Rebekah Del Rio, from the Teatro Silencio scene in MULHOLLAND DRIVE, try CD Baby's .com.

www.cdbaby.com

CD Baby is the happenin' source for independent and unsigned artists' discs. Be warned that this joint is a virtual crackhouse for music junkies!;) Some of the artists have even done SA-CD's. It's one of the few places you can the Suitcase Pimps' LOVE IS GRAND hybrid, stereo SA-CD. It's one of the best rock SA-CD's out IMO. Anyway, a search for SACD's at CD Baby will bring up several titles.

The Rebekah Del Rio album, ALL MY LIFE-TODA MI VIDA is really nice pop-jazz. She flips back and forth between singing English and Espanol so effortlessly. She sounds like a star in either language. Nice album!!! She has a couple of original songs, the title track being one and a good one too! She does a diverse bunch of covers including Leon Russell's SUPERSTAR and Jobim's DINDI. Muy, muy, muy excellente, si? Say Hay!:)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uh, to get things back on track, I ordered a copy from dvhsmovie as well. I've used them before, with great results. We'll see if they can do it again. Thanks for the heads up, Pedro.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Right now, D-VHS is seeming like the 80's Laserdisc scene where most thangs got one press run. If you want it, buy it pronto before it goes OOP.
I dunno. Seems worse that LD ever was. Case in point is the new D-Theater release of Alien. Brand new release, high profile film, just what the doctor ordered for the nascent format. So what happens? Exactly one online seller has the tape in stock. No one else even has it listed!

Also, the recent release of Brotherhood of the Wolf seems almost as strange. Bestprices.com got in a handful of tapes that sold out quickly (thankfully I got one) and it is now listed as "discontinued".

Gary Reber isn't much good for anything else, but maybe he can find out if Universal, DreamWorks, and Artisan have simply dropped their already meager support of D-Theater and just didn't care enough to say so.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
That's a good acessment Robert. Now, who has ALIEN in stock?:)

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Rachael, I got mine from dvhsmovieguide.com (part of widescreenreview.com). I haven't checked, so I can't actuallt say they still have any in stock, but they were the only seller to have it listed that I know of.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Thanks Robert!:) I've seen it, supposedly, for preorder several places. I think I already looked at WSR? It's on my list of maybe buy places.... I'll look again.:)

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
I just received Allien today from fox store which was placed last Thursday.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My dvhs Mulholland Drive ordered from dvhsmovie.com just arrived today. A thousand thank yous Pedro for the tip on finding it!

Now I guess I have a reason to go out and buy a dvhs player. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.