AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
You don't need to spend $1.5k, the Outlaw 7075 may be just what you are looking for. I purchased a 970/7075 system a while back, although I had to return the preamp due to the no audio bug I kept the 7075 and I'm glad I did. It's a great little amp, definately put it on your short list.

Ron

·
Registered
20,319 Posts
I would suggest an ADA PTM-650. Will drive 2 ohm speakers. 50 watts per channel in 8 ohms and 85 watts per channel in 4. Very clean sound. Less than 2 inches high. It drove 6(6 channels) 4 ohms M&K speakers at reference levels with no problem. You can get them used for under $500 if you can find them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Too bad it really is a great amp for the money. It seems more powerful than it's rating suggests and is quite neutral for an amp in it's price class.

·
Registered
20,319 Posts
He will have a hard time finding a multhichannel amp that short. Maybe the new digital or class h amps will do. I still love the little ADA. Very dynamic and neutral. I could not believe how powerful that little thing is, and 6 channels to boot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.