AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any 5, 6, 7, channel spectrum analyzers available for the home theater market? I have a 2 channel which will do 2.0 surround but see a future for one with the ability to do each channel independently.

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I haven't used any of these, but . . .

1. The AudioControl Diva and Bijou.

2. The Clarity PDC 6.6 and the

3. TACT TCS theater correction system

are a few I know about.

- Ken

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
Also take a look at the Rane THX models. I use the Bijou which does a very good job, but I think the RaneTHX44 provides a bit more control because it has parametric control above 800 Hz or so. Calibration with a professional RTA is a must.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:eek: Cheese Louise!

I was hoping I wouldn't have to go to pro audio. Even though to me this is the most important addition you can have to any audio system there is just a little to much overkill (price).

I am using an old ADC "Sound Shaper Thirty Three" It is a 2 channel, 10 band graphic, self contained pink noise generator, great flourescent graphic display, 3 switchable inputs and mic included. I believe I bought it for around $300. Maybe worth it's wieght in gold now :D

It has made a "can't do without difference" for any setup I have had. I thought there might be something out there today similar (especially in price) but geared toward surround sound with IR remote control for under a grand.

This is exactly why I have not yet upgraded my audio to DTS, 5.1, etc.

Guess I'll just have to keep looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.