AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could swear I saw a neat 5-channel speaker cable assembly that I thought either came with or was made for either the Definitive SSA-50 or the Polk SurroundBar. It was pre-terminated with spade lugs, I believe.

Now that I want one, of course, I can't find it. ;(

I'm trying to minimize the wires on the back of my TV, since it is a thin one on an articulating arm. I'm planning on mounting an SSA-50 on top of the TV (have the Peerless bracket for it - on my mount and at the height that I have the mount, it works out best on top).

I'd like to stuff the bundle of HDMI cable from the receiver, Ethernet cable, and speaker cable(s) into one of those expandable fabric/mesh tubes (not sure what they are called). I'll run the AC line separately because the plug won't fit through and it's just not a good idea to bundle AC with low voltage...

Anyway, has anybody else seen this speaker wire assembly and able to refresh my memory? Obviously, I can just go to Fry's or plow through a Belden catalog and pick just about any old 10-conductor cable. (I assume for the short 10-foot run from the receiver to speaker 16-gauge is plenty?)

Of course, I'd like something super-flexy. Not so concerned about jacket protection, since I'll be adding my own (see above).

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I knew I'd seen it somewhere. I guess I'd seen it in the manual for the SurroundBar 50.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cable is $30.00, which seems reasonable.

It's a flat cable, though, which might not work out well with my mount. Gonna go to a dealer and take a look-see.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_4_mls /forum/post/19728698

I was wondering if you found the dimensions of this cable. I'd like to use it, but it has to fit into a piece of tubing.

I didn't get the dimensions, but I did determine that it's a "flat" cable. So, probably isn't going to fit in the tube nicely.

I think I am going to wind up with conventional speakers rather than a soundbar, however.

I used one of the active Monster HDMI cables (with the chip) and a thin, flat Ethernet cable, which tamed by cable bundle considerably. The flat Ethernet cable is about the widest flat cable I'd want to use on an articulating arm in a cable bundle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts