Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks.....

I have a multichannel SACD player and DVD-A player.

I already own a rotel 5 channel amp to drive my speakers.

I am looking for an affordable solution to needing two multichannel inputs.

1) do they make a preamp that just has 2 multi ins? i dont need any processing as my dvd player does it all.

2) my best solution seems to be sony ES model 2 reciever. since it has 2 multi ins and full amplifer line outs.

3) is there a device that lets you switch between 2 multichannel sources?

my previous preamp was Proceed AVP. i sold it cause i couldnt afford the upgrade path. the Rotel 1066 Processor is nice but only one multi input.

I would also like to spend less than $1K. i like the idea of component switching too.

My sub has mega bass control. its a HGS 15 velodyne and hass plenty of low pass filter control. so bass mgmt is not needed. i just liek to listen to all my sources with no enhancement anyways.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I am looking for a quick fix....so some help would be very um, helpful?

:)

danny

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought a new 7es for under $900.00 for same reason. I used to use 6 Y RCA splitter or 2 2 A/V selectors boxes from R.Shack.

The SACD/DVD-A sounds great on sony but 2 channel performance was average like most flagship receivers. I bought Denon AVP8000 to use as 2

channel direct and 7es for multi channel surround processor. I looked at sony TAP9000 but it was selling around $500.00-$650.00 with limited supply. I have owned/have HK520,HK8000,VR5900,AVR6070,AVP2,MC-1,soundstage ONE....I am using with Aragon mono amps with large speakers.

·
Registered
30,595 Posts
Danny,
Quote:
...is there a device that lets you switch between 2 multichannel sources?
Yes, here's a multi-channel switchbox that many forum members use.

Best,

Sanjay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.