AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am using a MSI mobo and has a software to program a power on. But it can only be assigned one weekday (or one date) at a specific time. It also does not have a auto off feature. The software can turn it off but it must be programmed after the system is powered on!

Does anyone know any mobo that allow me to program it to power on/off a few times a month, or at specific weekday and a few times per day ?

I think this is a very important basic feature for a HTPC. Without this feature, I still have to rely on my VCR to record shows from TV and that is a shame I know I can buy a DVD recorder with build-in hard disk but I already pay enough to build this HTPC........ I know the $69 Tivo can do that too !

Please recommend some mobo that is also fanless and low in heat. My HPTC is just too noisy (from 4 fans) when I watch a late night show with low volume.

If MCE can communicate with the mobo to provide this function, it would be perfect.... any cheap VCR can do it too !

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Don't turn it off. You can use a sleep mode, such as S1 or S3, which makes it easier to schedule wake and sleep cycles. Or just leave it on all the time. AFAIK, Tivo is left always on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.