AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some of these configurations i would have to run with LED projectors so i can have a portrait projection.

I'm leaning towards the ASUS B1M because it is a short throw so I can project from the rear.

Its also 700 lumen LED projector. Im not sure if it will do 3d or 120hz at this stage.

So purely for gaming which would you choose?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im thinking rear also maybe mirrors an option too. Im also thinking of making a rig out of timber and projecting over head but im concearned about having the heat and noise from 3 PJs above me lol. Untill i get them in my hands and physically see what they can do i cant do more than brain storm and learn from other peoples setups. The house im in now is a rental and the room it will be setup in is only 10 foot by 11 foot. In September ill have buy my own house and i will make sure i have room for this setup on a larger scale. Although i wouldn't mind making a specific desk for it all and mount it all nice using mirrors. i could have sound proofing on the PJs and duct the air out keeping them cool. Just one of the ideas in my head.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
3 Projectors in one room would generate a ton of heat (you will be sweating), and projecting 30" images is a bit silly from a projector.

Besides that there are many reasons not to do this.

Why would you project 3x 30" images instead of (1) 90" image?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy  /t/1471112/multi-projector-gaming-setup#post_23275018

3 Projectors in one room would generate a ton of heat (you will be sweating), and projecting 30" images is a bit silly from a projector.

Besides that there are many reasons not to do this.

Why would you project 3x 30" images instead of (1) 90" image?

Field of view mainly. It makes a difference on the games i play.

This is what im going to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMBS_bfkFk

30" is if i go rear projection and curved screen. Front projection would be 50 - 60 diagonal each. (well what ever equals an 11 feet wide total image)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts