AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a preamp or receiver that can do multi-room three rooms with video, 2 of which need 5.1 or better and the third only needs stereo. 6 inputs would be good. I have looked at everything and found nothing. From Sony, JVC, Denon, Yamaha, McIntosh, Icon, Onkyo, Kenwood, you name it I have looked. Best I can find is three room with only 2 video and only 1 room can do 5.1. I am thinking I am going to have to keep my current receivers and use a distribution amp from my sources - or get a very expensive AutoPatch or Intelix switching matrix. I have projection with 5.1 in livingroom and bedroom, and 40" TV with ceiling speaks in gameroom. A 4th audio channel for deck/hot tub would also be cool but not a requirement. Anyone know of some preamp or power receiver that has 3 video outputs and 5.1 sound on at least two of them? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're asking for three seprately controlled fully independent digital surround zones, I can't help you even 2 years later. A McIntosh MX-132 (Dolby 5.1) or MX-134 (THX Surround EX, DTS ES,& 5.1 etc) in concert with a McIntosh CR-16 might do it. The MX-132/134 will give you one zone with full digital surround (Zone A) and another (Zone B) with only two channel analog outputs. The CR-16 gives you four extra zones with 4 audio only sources (CD, Tape, Tuner, Aux) and 4 AV sources. The I/O on the CR-16 is analog so the 4 extra CR-16 zones would not be surround like the main zone. (you could put analog Dolby Pro Logic surround on the extra zone(s)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Check out Crestron. Not cheap, but they can do whatever you want. For example, look at the CNX-PVID8x4. As indicated on Crestron's website, the "CNX-PVID8x4 is a professional video switcher for baseband video switching, or as component in Crestron CAT5 video distribution systems, delivering video from up to 64 separate video sources, into as many as 32 separate rooms and areas. It accepts Component, S-Video and NTSC/PAL Composite sources, including HDTV signals, and distributes them to display devices in various rooms via standard CAT5 structured wiring. It is typically used with the Crestron CNXRMC, CNXRMCLV, C2N-DAP8 and C2N-DAP8RC room solution boxes."

Steve

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
ADA has what used to be known as the Silk Suite- it distributes up to 7.1 audio and video to as many zones as you'll ever need. WARNING: you're talking the same kind of money as Crestron- but these guys invented the distributed audio industry, they make great equip.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.