AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a multi-source, multi-room audio system and I would like a simple web based (or Java) interface that runs on the new Microsoft Mira web tablets (windows ce .net). I use a Delta 410 audio card so i need multiple streams of audio coming out of the HTPC. I have found that Premise systems provides all of this software, but is rather expensive (around $900). Download the free preview from their site. It is great stuff. Does anybody know of any other way of doing this?

The configuration I have is a multi channel amp hooked up to a matrix switcher for 6 sources (4 are mp3 streams from winamp). Any room can pick any of the 6 sources or all can play the same for party mode. Keypads in each room allow for the source selection and the Mira device allows for the play list selection for each one of the 4 audio streams. No software except Premise can support this configuration. Winamp comes close but it breaks down with remote control from webpads. Only one instance of winamp can be controlled remotely.

This basically stinks. all the hardware in place and no software to support it...Any help?

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
where's the website for premise?

Single channel web based playlist managers are a dime a dozen. I haven't tried multi-channel solutions. I have come accross obsequeum and some other multi-stream servers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.