Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm working on building my first HT setup and could use some recommendations. I want to be able to play movies in the HT while someone else can simultaneously play a CD down the hall in the rec room. During construction I had in-wall rated Monster cable run through the studs from the HT equipment rack location to the rec room.

I have been researching the Yamaha RX-V3300 as a possibility and it looks promising. It has 8 channels of amplification (130x6 and 25x2) and their website describes the simultaneous capability I'm looking for. I'm not all that concerned about the 25 watt rating on the extra room speakers - seems like it will do.

I'm not against going to separates but thought the price rules out that option. I'm looking for something around $1500. I can stretch that bit but with an absolute drop dead max of 2K.

Does anyone have any experiences with the 3300 or recommendations on other models I should consider?

Thanks,

Bart

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the 3300 -- build quality, but especially sound quality. I haven't listened to it b/c it's out of my price range (don't like torturing myself that way), but a number of people have said that the 3300 is a step up from the rx-v1, yamaha's former flagship. And it'll do the multi-room thing you're after.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.