AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... sitting here watching NCAA tournament on my projected 136 inch screen and loving it.

Then I started to think how awesome it would be to project all of the games at once. I've got 3 tuners on a WMC PC but don't think I've ever seen a way to project 3 feeds at once.

Surely it's possible. If I can record 3 channels at once, wouldn't it be possible that I could have 3 images projected at once with sound from one of them? The projector shouldn't care, right? It'd just be projecting one image of three separate channels.

Doesn't have to be a WMC solution. I'd gladly build another HTPC just for this functionality.

Is there any way to do this "sports bar" kind of thing?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is cool but requires 4 boxes and 4 monitors.

Does anyone know of a single-screen application that does the same thing?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
You'd need four inputs on the monitor that could display four PIP frames simultaneously. I don't know of any monitors that have this capability, except perhaps some sort of video surveillance monitor. There are some TVs that have a split frame capability that allows you to display two images side by side rather than one large frame with a small PIP frame in the corner. In any case, you'll need four devices that can provide individual outputs. A HTPC can only provide a single output from the graphics card or motherboard, buy can provide multiple outputs if you use extenders .

·
Registered
414 Posts
What tuners are they? If they're HDhomeruns, you can open multiple copies of their Quicktv program to get multiple screens at once.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicko2  /t/1523959/multi-tuners-playing-on-the-same-screen-is-this-possible#post_24524602

What tuners are they? If they're HDhomeruns, you can open multiple copies of their Quicktv program to get multiple screens at once.

Yeah it's an HDHR Prime - 3 tuners.

I was hoping there would be a software way to "combine" all 3 feeds onto the the same single output to the Epson projector. IF the hard drive can record 3 tuners at once, wouldn't it be possible to play them back within a single output at the same time too? The PC can deal with the feeds ok.

I'll look into Quick TV - I hadn't heard about that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts