AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a replaytv and 4 other vcrs also a several port coax splitter and 2 a/b switches one coaxal the other RCA connect all hi-fi , the replaytv needs to connect

to digital cable box one vcr needs to connect to replaytv to save programs to tape

two other vcrs need to connect for dubbing tape to tape and all need to connect to

cable and be able to record from cable independently from each other I had all these hooked up to do this till my little niece decided to pull all the connections out now I can't seem to remember how to put them back again a Pictured diagram would be great ALSO the TV has to connect to cable on its own too it also has PIP again all this had worked before.

Digital cable box

replaytv unit

vcr 1

vcr 2

vcr 3

vcr 4

muti port splitter

A/B switch coax

A/B switch RCA jacks

TV with PIP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any Help Is Greatly appreciated I Really would like to get my VCR system hooked back up ASAP

Before the fall Television season gets started.

Thanks ... Roakie

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
This kind of stuff is pretty hard to describe without a flow chart, but here goes.

First, you’ll need a splitter with six outputs. That’s an awful lot – you might need a signal booster installed before the splitter. (If it has more than six, use 75-ohm terminal caps for the extras to keep the signal level as high as possible.)

Quote:
all need to connect to cable and be able to record from cable independently from each other
Quote:
ALSO the TV has to connect to cable on its own too
You’ll need to connect the VCR’s, cable box, and TV to the splitter, via their F terminals (the one with threads on it). The VCR’s and cable box all have “in†and “out†terminals – you want to use the “in†terminals. This will allow all the VCR’s to record programming.

Next:
Quote:
the replaytv needs to connect to digital cable box one vcr needs to connect to replaytv to save programs to tape
Connect the cable box’s “out†terminal to the Replay’s “in†terminal.

Quote:
two other vcrs need to connect for dubbing tape to tape
All the VCR’s have RCA inputs and outputs for audio and video signals. Choose two of the decks for this function; connected the “out†jacks of the one designated for playback to the “in†jacks of the one designated for recording. You’ll have to select the “line in†function on the record deck, and depending on the deck, you might also have to remember to disengage it when you go to record another program on it.

Quote:
the TV... also has PIP.
You also need to be able to watch the tapes and the Replay. This is where the RCA A/B switch comes in.

Connect the RCA audio and video “out†jacks on both the Replay and the VCR you wish to use for playing back the tapes to the A/B switch. Connect the A/B switch’s outputs to the TV’s line input. This will get you the PIP through the VCR.

So your rig works like this:
  • To watch cable TV , turn the TV to it’s tuner (i.e., where you select the channel number).
  • To watch a tape or Replay, turn the TV to the line input and then select A or B from the switch box.

I really can’t see a use for the other A/B switch. As such, this probably isn’t the way you had it connected before, but everything should work based on the information you gave us.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.