AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am finishing my basement and need some suggestion on a multi-zone audio setup. The basement has one bedroom, one fitness room and rest is one open area. I have 10 ceiling speakers, 2 in bedroom, 2 in fitness room, 2 in one part of area designated as study, 4 in a row (planning to either run all 4 as one zone or split them). All speakers are Yamaha 3 way NS-IW280CWH speakers, all the wires are individually run to A/V receiver area. I would like to be able to play different music in these zones at the same time. I am guessing I would need a multi zone amplifier and couple of audio receivers (possible like Sonos) that I can control remotely. Since most zones will have only 2 speakers, I don't think there would be an issue with connecting multiples speakers in a line or am I wrong. However, if I choose to connect 4 speakers in a long stretch as one zone, how should I go. What kind of multi-zone amplifier should I go with. I am hoping to keep the budget under 1K. Any suggestions would be helpful,

Thanks in advance,

Bhamu

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm a fan of Niles for their multi zone amp, it has multiple configuration options, but are you planning on only one separate source for each zone, or maybe you'd like to choose from sources, or possiblylisten to one source in all zones simultaneously?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.