AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend asked for my help on this. I thought you all here could do a better job so I will relay his situation.

he has a XM receiver for the home and wants to be able to listen to and control it in one of 3 (or did he say 4?) rooms. he has a whole bunch of old stereo amplifiers (some are Mark Levinson!) hanging around but I think he just wants to get the equilivent of a receiver and just be done with it. He is very handy around the house and will run the wires required himself. He can run either interconnect or speaker level cables. No problems there.

Wondering what you all recommend from the audio and control side of things. He told me hes fine getting IR repeaters- which I think is what he'll need for control.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

TIA :)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have a B&K CT610, which has inputs for 8 sources and serves 6 zones with 55 w/ch. Works well and is a lot cheaper than the competition. I forget what I paid for it, but it seems it was about $3K. They also have a 3 zone model.

http://www.bkcomp.com/ProductsMainFr.html

Ask over in the AVS Home Integration and Distribution Forum to reach the guys who live for this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.